Creating personalized dry dive experiences for the promotion of Mediterranean Underwater Cultural Heritage sites as distinctive tourism destinations
MeDryDive is an EU co-financed project under COSME Programme which works on the design of a new transnational thematic tourism product with Underwater Cultural Heritage (UCH) in Greece, Italy, Croatia and Montenegro as main tourism attractions. MeDryDive innovates as it integrates personalized Cultural and Creative Industry (CCI ) apps like Augmented Reality apps, serious games, videos into the tourism product. Digital Content and CCI Apps created within the project will enrich the experience of tourists both divers and non-divers and will stimulate their interest on MED Underwater Cultural Heritage and diving.
Main outputs of MeDryDive project will be:
- The design of a transnational tourism product
- The development of a “Dry Dive” serious game
- The development of Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual reality (VR) apps that enrich the experience of tourists (both divers and non-divers) and stimulate their interest in Med/EU Underwater Heritage
- The creation of a promotional video of the diving activities available in the Mediterranean UCH pilot sites.
- Project duration: 24 months
- Project Name: MeDryDive – Creating personalized dry dive experiences for the promotion of Mediterranean Underwater Cultural Heritage sites as distinctive tourism destinations
- Call ID: COS-TOURSYN-2018-3-01
- Project Coordinator: MAZI Events & Travel LTD
- Partners & Countries involved: 7 partners from 5 countries
- EU Contribution: 397,348 EUR